Friday, October 31, 2008

Sure its a recession but...


...there are people still out there that want to spend money. I walked into Target today willing and checking account cleared willing to buy a newly reduced priced Xbox 360 and Tiger Woods 09 video game. I have spent the last 5 months deep in work and I needed to spend some hard earned cash on myself. Simple enough.

The problem is I didn't spend a dime today.

After wandering around for 25 minutes looking for any, I repeat, any employee, I gave up with the mindset that Target missed out on close to $400 dollars of sales simply because of lack of staff.

Hell i understand. Times are tough. Profits are slim. Hiring freezings, corporate reductions. Its all standard in times like these, but there is ONE thing you can't ignore. SALES.

You cannot, I repeat CANNOT, reduce sales force and hope to increase or keep existing sales. There are so much better ways to cut costs, but now when Targets sales numbers come out soon, they will be $400 lower, and while its not much, I guarantee I'm not the only customer who will never go back to Target again. Enjoy the recession Target.

No comments: